Friday, September 13, 2002

Field Trip....
I declared today a field trip day and the boys and I took off for the Friends of Lake Forest Library used book sale. We came back with many fabulous finds, our shopping curtailed only by our limitations of tolerance for heat/humidity under the tent and the fact that a human being can only carry sooo many books (even toting bags with handles.) I know I’ll be back on Sunday for half-price day - the crowds should have churned up a lot of good stuff that we couldn’t even see today. Chuck’s prize find is a New Yorker album encompassing the best of 1950-55. It even has color repros of some covers. So it is fun to look at the world of the time of my birth. And it’s still funny! Unfortunately, it also smells like it has been in someone’s basement since 1957, so Chuck had to pop a few Benadryls and collapse in a heap. Mom will try to air it out........ Em, the Library Daughter who must be mentioned several times a week, claims there is no secret spray that can de-fungus a musty book. I hope she’s kidding. We’ve got a few great books around here that no one can touch (literally) and stand to breathe near. Yet I can’t part with them either. I did set one old college art text of mine out on the deck on a sunny day hoping to stop some spores in their tracks. I don’t know if it helped.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter