Friday, August 30, 2002

Just another sign of the times........

Everybody has probably already seen this article: Bride Refused Church Wedding.
But I can’t help wanting to comment on it. It is just so depressing. To think that the bride doesn’t get it. And has no shame. No shame at all.

It is my impression that there are a lot of people who do not really want a real Christian marriage - just some picturesque photo op. That is why places like Vegas and the wedding area at Disney World do so well. I can imagine that there would be a good amount of money to be made in establishing a string of non-religious (not non-denominational; totally neutral, no ideology attached) church-y looking wedding chapels where brides could have their dream weddings with out any larger issues to weight upon their minds. Because pretty is what they want! (I must admit that that is what was paramount on my mind when I was married some 24 years ago........thank God after all these years and 6 children that I came to my senses. But it would have been a lot better if I had gone into it with my head on straight.)

As a part- time church secretary, I would also like to weigh in on the bridal business. Brides are not the easiest people to deal with. Not all brides - but most. If I were forced to find a new job tomorrow and had to choose between Marshall Field’s Bridal Salon and the local funeral home, I’d take the funeral home. The bereaved are much easier to deal with.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter