Sunday, September 01, 2002

Buy Three.......Get a Lobotomy Free

I was watching way too much of the boob tube Friday night. Just to keep me occupied while doing mindless tasks likely mating socks. (OK, matching socks - I do get complaints from family members who say that I make it sound like I am trying to produce more socks to meet our overwhelming needs without actually having to purchase new socks. With 6 out of 8 family members wearing the same size, it doesn’t sound like such a bad idea.......) I finally had to turn it off when I had been assaulted three times by advertisements for the new OrthoEvra contraceptive patch. It isn’t just that I find the product offensive, but the ad campaign. On Your Body. Off Your Mind. puhleeeez. Let’s do something bad. And let’s make sure we don’t have to think about it. This is really important. But we wouldn’t want women to have to think about what they’re doing. And one of the spots ends with a woman gushing about how great it is not to have to hear that ‘little voice in your mind” anymore. What a relief!!!

When will they come out with a patch to salve one’s conscience?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter