Monday, June 22, 2009

Sharks Are Like Serial Killers.
Just in time for the 4th of July.
Maybe I should print some of this out, just in case I get whomped again with a buzz-kill pep talk by my sister-in-law. I was busted last Fourth for letting my kids (OK, the baby is 14, alright!) watch Jaws. Like that was the worst thing the could have happened on the holiday week-end.
I, too, believe that every moment can be a teachable moment. But c'mon.

Jaws is a fun movie. I don't think it harms any of us living within walking distance of Lake Michigan and (for whom the Zebra Mussel is much more of a public menace) to just have some fun with a movie about a killer shark. But no, we need a little talk about how Peter Benchley lived out his last days in regret for giving the sharks a bad rep. Buzz Kill 101. This wasn't school - it was just fun. Well, except for a brief discussion on how a series of sequels can show marked, rapid deterioration. Jaws vs. Jaws 3-D. Discuss among yourselves.










The Shark - as Applicable to Our Situation

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter