Sunday, December 07, 2008

Come to the Stable
One Christmas, in the late 1960's, my sister tried to put a small wooden pig into our creche. I begged to differ, having my sensibilities offended by this violation of biblical accuracy. If my memory is correct, a few punches were eventually thrown and no truce established. And the battle has gone on over the years. The pig would show up. I would remove it. Back and forth - year after year. We grew up and have our own homes. She calls me every year, shortly after setting up the nativity scene, just to let me know that the pig was in place. When Karen and her family were in town for Emily's wedding, I warned everyone to watch the creche lest she try to sneak in a pig.

Yesterday some new pig pics arrived.
Same battle. New pig.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter