Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 19...
Celebrating the 2nd anniversary of my artificial left hip. The proof of the success is in the fact that I don't think about it much. I feel, if not exactly young, then at least young for my age. Then I came across this, via Bill W., whereby one can look up the song that was #1 on the day she was born. Now I feel old. The McGuire Sisters? And to add insult, I'm finding myself increasingly out of touch with current tunes. The #1 hit on my birthday this year? Low by Flo Rida and T-Pain. I saw that listed on iTunes yesterday. It looked dumb. And it has been #1? O tempora o mores...

To turn the conversation to music of some substance, I must note the passing of Danny Federici of the E Street Band. The accordion. Sandy. The Uptown Theater, Milwaukee, 1975. That is music.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter