Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Paris Daily Photo is a daily visual delight. Today's tribute to the Fauchon food market, for instance...OK, so much for the daydreaming. Anyhow, there was an amusing entry a few days ago. The picture itself is not that amusing, but the comments are great. Amusing and enlightening as to the misperceptions of sacramental confession. (I, too, had my first experience of the totally glass confessional while in Paris. I'm too much a child of the television age and was reminded of the glass isolation booth common on many game shows of a certain time. That show with Dennis Miller, I think it's called Amnesia, but I forget - no pun intended - has a glass isolation booth.) I did smile when reading the comment about a confessional line sign being popular in England, not because of piety but on account of the inborn English predilection for queueing up.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter