Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Secretum Meum Mihi.
Ashes. Check.
Mission posters. Check.
Lenten brochures. Check.
Penance booklets. Check.
Liturgy binders. Check.
Altar servers. Check.
Huge snow mega-storm on its way. Check.

I've done all I can do. And the snow . . . well, we'll see what happens.
Ready or not, Fat Tuesday is almost over.

The kvetching is not out of my system. Maybe I won't give up kvetching. Maybe I will.
But I know I don't want to spend my breaks at work loitering in the kitchen kvetching about what I'm not doing. Life has not evolved much since junior high - it still seems that the only thing women like more than talking about what they are eating is talking about what they aren't eating. So my penances are mine. My penance. My offering. My secret.
(Not my snack time schtick.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter