Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Just my technical opinion...
...that auto-format business on Microsoft Word is the tool of the devil.
I cannot make it stop doing what it wants.

(e.g., I starting to type the 'script' for Palm Sunday and if I type V. for voice, it wants to give me VI for the next line. N. for Narrator is followed by O. I could have the whole thing keyboarded by now if I didn't have to keep undoing it and tweak the the indents. Ive clicked on every option etc. and it still wants to auto-format me.)

Maybe having learned to type on a manual typewriter, followed by some tough lessons in early phototypesetting, I really want a machine that does what I tell it to do - not the other way around. That's why I love my Dyson. I turn it on and it vacuums the dirt. It doesn't argue with me about what needs vacuuming.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter