Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Not Sick but I'm Not Well
Or the inverse. Or converse. Or something
I hate to take sick days, as much as I disapprove of "presentee-ism." But I just couldn't pull it together this morning.

It's a shame that a sick day should be wasted on the sick. I went back to bed and slept until noon.
I tried to take advantage of the free time to do some extra school stuff with the boys, but the results were not inspiring. (Since I don't get paid for sick days I tend to look at them in terms of, "would I pay X number of dollars for the privilege of sleeping, schlepping around the house in my nightgown, watching videos en francais, etc?" And the answer is usually no. And there are the times when the answer may be yes, but time sensitive duties at work preclude convalesence.)
I think we would have been better off if I had remained curled up and watched the DVD of Across the Universe (again!) instead of trying to draw the boys into some sort of rational discussion. A discussion which devolved into, "If Leonardo da Vinci were alive today, would he be diagnosed with ADD?," "That's what she said." "Oink, oink, oink." "Put the sword down before someone looses an eye..."

So I don't feel good enough to be effective here, but I'm not sick enough to not care. I don't feel like doing much reading, but I'm not sufficiently sleepy to ignore the idiots who are doing donuts out in the cul-de-sac. Those idiots are competing for right of way with a few snowmobilers. (This is suburban Chicago, not the wild west!?!) I think it's time to pop Across the Universe back into the DVD player...

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter