Monday, February 11, 2008

'Tis better to apply and be rejected…
than spend a subzero Sunday afternoon watching trash TV.
And how delightful to take a goof off 'continuing education' break and have my name jump off the screen at First Things Blog. Nice change of pace from the usual Monday morning paper shuffling.

As to the mention of plagiarism, I looked at the door sign on my way to wind the clock and saw that it read: please…make sure to pull the door closed behind you. A bit out of the realm of plagiarism, though strictly dull and derivative. (I was writing the application in bed, from memory – which isn't what it used to be.)

Mr. Sacramone's description of it being "both frightening and entertaining, just like lunch at TGI Friday’s," makes me wish I had included a photo of my home decorating projects, to shore up his opinion. That phrase is so apt I hope to use it (with permission and proper attribution, of course) on my annual Christmas letter. Should the day come when I get around to writing Christmas letters.

*And apologies to Mr. Bottum – I must have been obsessing between AMidsummer Night's Dream vs. Titus Andronicus for Shakespeare month.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter