Monday, September 20, 2004

Award Shows.....

have an amazingly soporific effect on me. I did not find last night’s Emmy’s to be an exception to this rule. The gags were not all that funny and I haven’t seen any of the HBO stuff so I felt left out of a lot. Naturally I dozed off before I had a chance to see Arrested Development win for best comedy. What makes Arrested differrent from the other nominiated comedies is that it is funny. OK, Frasier could evoke a chuckle from me. What I saw of Friends left me stone faced. Sex and the City? Never actually saw it.....but clips didn’t strike me as amusing.

Rick thought Al Pacino looked awful. I thought he looked great. Now that he’s left behind the blond hair.... The kids were shocked to see Ron Howard without his baseball cap. Shortly before I fell into the arms of Morpheus I gave the group a quick tutorial on who Elaine Stritch is. (Heaven knows they would never have watched the Tony’s with me...) I liked her speech. It was sincere.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter