Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Home Depot shoppers charged in cart fracas

I would never attack anyone with a 2 by 4. But there was a broom that was looking pretty useful that last time I was at Wal-Mart. Not to excuse anyone’s behavior, but I can see how these things get started. Everytime I shop in some sort of ‘Mega-Lo-Mart’ I find myself afflicted with sensory overload and hyperirritability. Too bad sensitive types such as myself (and the fellows in that article) can’t buy our duct tape, 5 dollar shoes and generic Listerine in a cool, calm, aesthetically attuned atmosphere (let’s say something like Nordstrom’s) instead of having our souls sorely tried in the crucible of Wal-Mart.

But perhaps it is good for me.....not just in the budgetary sense.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter