Tuesday, August 10, 2004

A counter-intuitive morning....

My instincts say, “Go back to bed; grab some more z-z-z-z’s before work.” I must persevere and put one irritable foot in front of the other and get to Mass. When I start the day foaming at the mouth and ranting about the Confederacy of Dunces which broke into my house during the night, I know it’s time to work couter-intuitively. So two dogs escaped, there are dishes in the sink, no one remembers where the Hoover is (wink, wink) and I have to make sure there is an adult here to talk to the Comcast man when he comes to fix the cable line he bungled up over a week ago. And I’m almost tempted to call in sick from work (what the heck, I’m never really sick. I deserve a day off , right? Even if I’m hourly, so it would be costing me to stay home...) except that I brought my mouse home with me last night. There is a night employee whom I have begged to stay off of my computer...to no avail. Ed C. explained to me why Office ‘98 is almost impossible to lock-out with a password in the event that someone just wants to noodle around with the word processing features. He also told me how to unplug the computer and put a little suitcase key through the hole in one of the prongs. But we don’t want to stoop to that, do we? Do we? Anyway, I think taking home the mouse is a very immature, junior-high type tactic, but since it’s my mouse anyway (donated it to the church as an upgrade) and the person who is fiddling with my computer can’t take instructions written in 28 pt. type, what the heck. But, anyway, I’d best go in today. Need the money. And I have a daytime co-worker who needs my computer on occassion.

Do I really think going back to bed will make it better? Experience has taught me better. When my day starts with demeanor somewhere between Lois from Malcolm in the Middle and that kid from The Exorcist, sack time is not what is called for. Time for a little spiritual readjustment.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter