Monday, August 09, 2004

Honestly,

I’ve never been into cheerleading in a big way. And the older I get, the skankier the cheerleaders look. On our little shopping trip yesterday, a local high school was having a cheerleaders’ car wash in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Rick was annoyed with my annoyance with the fact that the girls were barely dressed, tho dressed identically in what by some stretch of the imagination could be called a ‘uniform.’ He rationalized that it was hot and they would be getting wet. (Hey, I did my share of high school car washes and never fainted because I was wearing shorts and a tee shirts rather than ‘hot pants’ and a skin tight white tank top.) I said I would never let my daughter perform what they call “cheers,” not to mention work a fund raiser in a Hooters’ uniform knock-off.

Walking in to Wal-Mart, I was approached by a slightly more modestly dressed JV cheerleader asking for contributions. Wish I had more money to work with. I was so tempted to hand the girl $20 and tell her to buy some clothes for her friends.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter