Monday, April 12, 2004

Any small prayers....
would be appreciated.
This just has not been the greatest day. (Not the worst, but a drain on my soul/psyche/body nonetheless.)
Martha and I were rear-ended on the way to the high-school this morning. No serious damage to my car - but it was an unpleasant adrenaline jolt. Then Martha was late for school and I missed Mass because the guy who hit me wanted to fill out a police report (which we didn't do anyway, when the sheriff's deputy told him it would have to come with a ticket. And not a ticket pour moi.) and we had a little trouble figuring out if we were in the village or unincorporated county. So we waited on a village cop who called the sheriff after telling us, "If you were turning off of Thornwood, you're in county jurisdiction."
No permananet damage. And it did buy Martha the time to finish an essay that she should have completed over the week-end. (A long week-end at that. Remember, there was Good Friday Day of Non-Attendance at the end of last week.

So I straggled into work on time, but not nearly as composed as if I had been to Mass and rosary. Then I was hit with a piece of personal financial correspondence that hit me like a boot (a pointy-toed, stilletto heeled boot) in the gut. (I won't go into the gory details here. I'm praying for an attitude of detached acceptance. And I wouldn't say I was caught totally off guard. But it was not what I was expecting....) I put in my morning at work, doing my best to handle everything that came my way with a cheerful attitude of service. But what I really wanted to do was A) scream B) go into the kitchen and stick my head directly into one of the dishes of chocolates, treats, delicacies that kind parishioners have brought in to the rectory.

Then I had to stop at Target on the way home and exchange some shorts that I bought for Eddie and a pair of 4.99 sandals. I had the wrong receipt for the sandals and the woman at the service desk was horrified that the sandals I had matched re: style but not size. So the computer just could not handle it. She looked at me like I was trying to pull off the crime of the century....and explained how I could have stolen the sandals and was trying to rip them off for a refund/credit. My jangled nerves allowed me to blurt out (...uncharitably, I must confess. Though I'm proud I stopped short of calling the woman an idiot.) that if I were going to commit a major misdemeanor, maybe even a felony, I wouldn't take the risk for $4.99.

I did have a sweet moment dropping by to see my godson and to give him a little Easter gift. Eight month-olds are very sweet and accepting. Someone was happy to see me and gave me a big 4 tooth smile.

So, any little prayers for my dejected spirits would be appreciated. My financial/legal pickle will be resolved one way or another. Please pray that I can accept the outcome.

And now off to bed. As Shakespeare said, "I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day."*

*OK, I know it's not Shakespeare. Poorly paraphrased Margaret Mitchell. Just to show I have some spunk left and a shred of a sense of humor. If only I had Tara......

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter