Monday, April 12, 2004

Happy Easter to all.....
or
Easter Monday is not the day we start working on Christmas

Or do we?
Am starting to wonder if I’m becoming more like my mother all the time. She had a bit of a problem with taking work to heart and letting it ‘get’ to her. I had to constantly redirect my attention during Holy Week/Easter services and stop checking out the palms, altar servers, vigil candles etc. I know I did my job and the time comes to let it go. But I had to constantly re-focus. (Let’s not even go into the distraction of getting Eddie through the vigil Mass on Saturday night. Putting a lit candle in his hand is good for a few irregular heartbeats. He did fine. And once the candle was extinguished I didn’t even mind that his warm little fingers managed to twist it into a most fascinting knot. )
So......why did the alarm sounding at 5:50am release me from the grasp of a terrifying dream in which I am about to start ordering the Christmas offering envelopes and other Advent seasonal items? My mother would understand.
She would understand, too, why I was more nervous about turning my night and Saturday duties at the rectory over to the new ladies than I was with tossing my set of house keys to a friend of the girls’ and telling her to hold down the fort while we were out of town for the big wedding last December. Pray for me, Mom. I want to be diligent. But I want to know when to let things go.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter