Friday, November 07, 2003

Amy Welborn has some insight into the fashionable fascination with The Da Vinci Code. I, myself, am fascinated with the gullibility of educated people who should know better. When I hear the chatter about that book (which I would consider a good beach read, but beach reading time is long past in Chicago, so it’ll have to wait for summer ‘04) and assorted schlock TV shows I am torn between a laugh and a scream. So I say nothing. To say that The Da Vinci Code has taught one about Christianity is as absurd as saying Stephen King’s The Shining is the key to understanding the hospitality industry.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter