Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Fashion Alert!
Have been informed by family members that there is a word for a woman who is still wearing her super comfortable Land’s End Cobalt Blue EVA-soled web thong sandals during the second week in November. And it is not discalced.

Just another manic.....Tuesday
Dr. Dictionary hasn’t sent my word for the day yet, so I don’t know how to approach the schedule ahead of me.

So many things on the docket:
Get to bank
Go to dentist for final filling after r**t c***l. This will cost me a lot of time. But there should be a new People on the magazine rack, so at least I’ll stagger out well informed. I can shave time off of Church by not staying after with the Rosary group - I’ll pray in the chair.
Purge house of strange smell from scorched cookie sheet. This is vaguely reminiscent of the acrid smell on an airport tarmac. Luckily, the toxic fumes from the crushed red pepper incident have gone. Daddy accidentally made ‘pepper gas’ while helping prepare the ribs. Let’s just say dinner last night was not what it could have been. (But this tied in well with our Veterans’ Day discussion of toxic gases used in combat - really)
Do our school work. (Yesterday was a jello-to-the-wall day. If I were paid to do this job, I would have seriously considered tendering my resignation.) I’m too out of shape for the Marines, I possess no circus worthy skills, and I have failed to find a single religious order that will take a late in life vocation who wishes to abandon her minor children. So I’m stuck.
Wish Martha were home all day. Then I could catch her for a one hour Martha drill. (As her name implies - St. Martha meets Martha Stewart - she likes housework.) Company is coming for dinner and I could use some help making the place look civilized.
Change all light bulbs to 40 Watts before company arrives.
Quit bitching and set the table. The company is providing 90% of the dinner. I just have to whip up some red beans and rice. I’m getting off easy and still I’m ‘tweaking out.’
Purge house of that strange smell........somehow........

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter