Monday, November 11, 2002

I Just Can’t Let This Drop -
DecentFilms.com has a good review of The Santa Clause2. This is the only review I’ve seen that mentions the disturbing trend of normalization of divorce. And it discusses Santa’s marriage as not a church wedding, but is officiated by Mother Nature (“By the power vested in me by me”). With that, the de-Christianization of Saint Nicholas is complete. Of course he can’t get married in the Church, ‘cuz he’s not really free to marry. Why can’t I let this go? It’s just bugging me so.....

I heard an interesting ad on the radio yesterday. For a watch store. The announcer asks, “What does your watch say about you?” There may be some truth in this....unusual, of a ‘certain’ age, and wound way too tight.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter