Thursday, October 04, 2007

Just How Much TV Does This Woman Watch?
I classify myself as a non-TV person. Not anti. We have TVs. Too many TVs. But my distorted self-image is that of a person conversant in television but not a fan. No, I’m not a fan. But I’ve become a little too conversant.

Wednesday is not a night given over to the tube. (Except for the schaddenfruede fest of Kitchen Nightmares… easily watched while multi-tasking. Which is where I have gone astray. I don’t consider time spent doing other activities in the present of a glowing cathode ray tube – or plasma screen, either – to be “watching.” And so little of what is on is deserving of our full attention.)

The promos for Pushing Daisies caught my attention. My eyes will lead me down some crazy paths… can we say “What Dreams May Come?” I wasn’t so sure I would like it…even though it had the prime indicators for a program that I will love. (read also as: this show won’t last long) But was almost too precious. Too eye pleasing. And I had the feeling of intense familiarity. It was too much like something. Big Fish, maybe? But it grew on me. A love story that could use “noli me tangere” as a tagline is different. Enticingly different. "I love you but I can't touch you" is a change from the usual "I don't love you but I'll touch you anyway..."

And chalk up another one for the “Chuck is the name” movement!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter