Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gimme a V!
It seemed like a good idea when I started. I decorated a large papier mache V* to decorate the wall near the front door. When the Vs were on sale at the craft store, I thought it would be just swell to do buy a bunch and decorate them with collages - holiday and seasonal themes. And I could decorate the sides differently to get twice the mileage out of each one.

The St. Patrick's Day/Easter V was fun. The Patriotic/Summer Rustic theme was OK. The Butterflies/TBA was OK. Now we're coming up on Halloween/Thanksgiving. The bag of Vs is becoming more a drag. But the Vs and some other paper crafts -such as the not particularly original idea of making envelopes out of old New Yorker covers - provide something of an excuse for an evening spent in front of the TV. Especially on Thursday. Thursdays are a temptation.

* - Yeah, I know they should be Hs. But we've been filed under V for so long that change is futile. And the V is more pleasing to the eye. (Nice undulating Ss would have been best, but we're a team here, right?)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter