Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Fun......for the students......
I think Presidents' Day is a bogus generic holiday. (I'm prejudiced - my late uncle Washington was born on February 22 and somewhere along the line he was screwed out of having his own holiday.) So we plodded along with our schoolwork yesterday hoping not to be interrupted by neighbor kids with the day off. It is much easier for homeschoolers to take a day off when everyone else is in school than it is to school when everyone else is on break. The one 'fun' Presidents' Day activity we did was having the boys take the Fandex flip-guide to the Presidents and quiz me. It was a good learning experience, and not just in the sense that the boys learned how much I don't know and that a lot of the Presidents had funny middle names.


We had separate Lincoln's birthday lessons. And by golly, we'll be talking about Washington's birthday, too.

For the curious, my uncle Washington was so named because he was born on February 22 and the family already had a George.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter