Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Deep Thoughts.....with the Flower Fairy
Deeper than usual. Bridget is not as introspective as she used to be.
There was the time when her father was so ill and she had dreadful migraines and an assortment of other problems that would keep her up nights ‘thinking.’
She doesn’t ‘think’ as much as she used to.......

On her way to work yesterday morning, I heard her make an off-hand remark that I found to be tremendously heartening.
She mentioned the horrible nightclub disaster that happened in Chicago early Monday morning.
And what a dreaful way to die......and in such an inauspicious location. “When I die, I hope I’m not dressed like a hootchie.”
To those of you who don’t know her (you can chime in here Em, if the comments ever work.....) these may sound like flippant words,
but I was heartened by her relative profundity. First, she said when I die.
After all the late nights talking about death, she is admitting its inevitability.
And I take the hootchie comment to mean that she hopes she is in a proper location (physically and spiritually) when death does come.
My bible study group had a discussion along the same lines just last week.
We do not know when our time will come, so we should be prepared.
It was good to know that the same thoughts are rattling around Bridget’s head, as tangled as they may be in her calcified basal ganglia......
And maybe she'll decide to go through her closet. Let's get rid of any hootchie clothes. And not in the charity bag, please.
Why enable someone else?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter