Friday, August 01, 2014

Peacock Eye!

I'm not ready to commit to a tattoo.  If I stall long enough I'll make it through life tattoo free.  But I occasionally see tattoos I admire.  When I attended a Flannery O'Connor conference in Chicago several years ago I met a young woman who had the most exquisite peacock feather tattooed on her forearm and part of her hand.  If only it had been a temporary tattoo that could have been purchased at the conference bookstore - I'd have taken as many as possible!

Pinterest has had some stunning peacock eye makeup ideas. So...in the interest of mother/daughter fun time I asked Bridget if she would like to try giving me a peacock eye.  Just for fun.  Heaven knows she has multiple palettes of all the right colors.  Here it is.  Not too bad for a first attempt.  Not that I would leave the house looking like this, of course.  Of course.
This was not easy to remove. The blue was very...persistent!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter