Monday, January 20, 2014

Pure Escapism

Am I the only person who watches Sleepy Hollow, likes it a lot, and has no idea whatsoever is going on?  Maybe this is one of those shows that demands paying attention...which is not my usual TV watching MO.  I like to read, write, do craft projects, fold laundry while 'watching' TV.  Sometimes I do all those things at the same time. 

Anything is better than watching the weather.  It gets cold in Chicago.  It snows.  And the weather people on the tube carry on like it's some sort of volcano/Sharknado.  TV meteorologists just sound like the grown-ups in a Charlie Brown cartoon.  Wah-wah-wah-wah....  Oh, well, maybe there will be a legit snow day and I can curl up, click on Hulu and try to really watch Sleepy Hollow.  It sure is more engaging than the classic from which it is drawn.  (Tried to work up some enthusiasm while I was reading it with the kids....I pretty much remember the sound of my own voice..."Wah-wah-wah-wah..."  Oh well, at least that bit of literature didn't bomb the way "Evangeline" did.  Martha still ranks that as the most depressing thing we ever read.  Worse - maybe? - than "Where the Red Fern Grows.")

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter