Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Gin Straight Out of the Cat Dish!


Looks pretty normal when there aren't Sheriff's squad cars surrounding us.
“I thought such awful thoughts that I cannot even say them out loud because they would make Jesus want to drink gin straight out of the cat dish.” Anne Lamott

Oh, but I said those awful thoughts.  Just when my day off was going along so smoothly.  A little readin'.  A little writin'.  A little Breaking Bad.  Even some long overdue furniture rearranging.  And then as I am relaxing with a book, Fran comes into my room and says, "Dad wanted me to tell you....before you looked out the window.  Looks like  the house is for sale."

There it was. With no advance warning - having gotten past the worry of a few weeks ago.  So....I had those awful thoughts.  The kind of thoughts that would make Jesus want to drink gin straight out of the cat dish.  And I verbalized them.  Then apologized to my family.  Made it explicitly clear that the realtor needs to know that the good appliances + the antique brass chandelier belong to us.  And then moved on.  Reminding my family that home is wherever the family is.  My immediate family at least.  Some family members....I'm not feeling so warm towards.  

Those words bubbled up again when I returned home from work tonight to find out that there would be a real estate agents' walk through tomorrow morning.  Well, good luck folks.  I'm am in no way interested in helping sell this 'charming' house.  I hope the real estate folks are impressed. Perhaps the Coroner's van will be parked down the street.  If only it would rain and the raw sewage would come bubbling up through the laundry sink....and maybe Crazy Ozzie from the apartments would stand outside and serenade passersby.  These are the things that make our place charming . . . my prayer is that others don't see it the same way.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter