Monday, October 01, 2012

Another Typical Monday....but never the same day twice.

  • Remember the health insurance episode of The Office when Dwight asks who in the office has “hot dog fingers”?  I think I have a case.  I just will never be able to do any more texting than tapping slowly with one sausage-y digit.  I had more than a few gaffs today - but only one misdirected email.  And nothing as egregious as the time I thought I was texting Fran and almost (a very thankful ‘almost!’) texted our pastor early on a Saturday morning, when he was recovering from a bad virus, to ask “Wanna go to Target with me?”  Those texts to Fran are dangerous, since starting with f - r also pulls up an array of priests all politely listed in my phone beginning with “Fr.”  [There was also the one I caught right before I sent one of the priests at my parish, “Would you mind throwing my pink comforter in the wash if you have the time?”]  Maybe I should just reclassify Franny as Miss Fran or something safer.
  • I like civilized family dinners around the dining room table.  But I’m enjoying a guilty pleasure -  eating in my room watching Bones while everyone else is having a football dinner in the family room.  Sitting there pretending to enjoy football was something that young, single Ellyn did.  I’m older, married and my loathing for football is not a secret.  Chairs are at a premium; party poopers need not attend.

  • I wrote a little something about St. Therese and Edith Piaf  And used a picture from my room that didn’t include a tiny violin.  Even remembered to dust before taking the picture!



  • There have been some car break-ins in our parking lot at work.  But nobody thought to steal the Pachinko game in the back of my not exactly well locked car.  Where is the justice?  I managed to set off the alarm getting in and the door wasn't even locked.  I didn't even know the car had a working alarm - what humiliation.
  •  I love Jesus and I’m quite fond of gnomes.  The twain should never meet.

Just when I think special interest nativities couldn't get any worse....

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter