Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer...

Beside my clenching at the keyboard, this is the time of year when I just want to read, read, read.  I'm fighting it.  Sort of.  On top of all the usual summer re-reads, the death of Ray Bradbury reminded me of "Dandelion Wine."  I wrote this
for the Word on Fire Blog.  I think when I was editing it I took out the part about how the one thing I could not quite work into my "mental picture" of my youthful reading was what a ravine was.  The dictionary didn't help much.  It didn't come together for me until the first time I went for a ravine hike with my friends freshman year of college.  This was in a town just a few miles south of Bradbury's hometown of Waukegan, Illinois; possessing the same Lake Michigan bluffs geological traits Waukegan and, thereby, the fictional Green Town.  It was a revelation.  Oh, this is a ravine.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter