Saturday, June 04, 2011

And where has the week-end gone so far?
Besides walking around Bed, Bath and Beyond until my head was spinning?  And spending over three hours traveling to the bridal shower?  There was Diary.  I read it too far into the night last night; not stopping until my eyes were positively dried out from reading in front of the very necessary fan in my bedroom.  Finished it only a while ago.  Better than most Stephen King.  The perfect lazing around in the summer reading.  (If I still were at the beach all the time I would consider this a very smart, high quality beach read.  Ah, those beach days.  One eye on a book, the other on the kids. Typical idyllic Jaws type scene.  Without the shark.)

This all started with the copy of Lullaby that I found along the road.  I feel a bit guilty when I ravenously read fiction.  It seems frivolous; nonfiction is easier to justify to myself.  And now my heart belongs to two Chucks. 

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter