Saturday, October 03, 2009

Do you know someone who needs hours alone every day? Who loves quiet conversations about feelings or ideas, and can give a dynamite presentation to a big audience, but seems awkward in groups and maladroit at small talk? Who has to be dragged to parties and then needs the rest of the day to recuperate?
Funny you should ask. This was the topic of drive to work chit-chat yesterday. As Martha thumbed through her Abnormal Psychology textbook and tried to explain to her father that there is nothing inherently wrong with her mother. Mother is just different than 2/3 of the family.
When I ran across this article, I emailed it to anyone who might be interested. Anyone who thinks that the fact that I don't mind public speaking but am exhausted by social events must mean that I am a misanthropic snob. (make that a misanthropic, family-hating snob! - large extended family gatherings make me feel like I need a transfusion ) Tolle lege - cut me some slack!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter