Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lilyanne's Big Day
Now that we've had a few days to rest up.
She handled it much better than the rest of us. Of course, being pre-verbal meant she didn't talk herself into severe hoarseness. And the ability to nap while much excitement swirls around doesn't hurt.
Back at Great-Grandma's (I keep forgetting that I am Grandma) and modeling the antique baptismal gown.

After the baptism. (That's me trying to hide behind the paschal candle. )

Lilyanne makes her debut in Chinese society at her Red Egg and Ginger party. Aunt Franny's dress made quite a splash. ( I left the matching wristlet for her red envelopes in the car. Ooops.)
Em and Ed are 'grown-ups' now and had to hand out red envelopes, too. [ They are for children and single people, so there was no envelope for me.] Fran has some nice pics of the dress on her blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time the pics showed up! :)
You need to continue with your photo of the day!
I'll leave my camera out for you! :)

Ellyn said...

Yeah, but the photo of the day was usually a variation on the orange cone and the sink hole. Once some of the snow melts and the hole starts sinking again, I should be back in business...


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter