Thursday, December 11, 2008

And It Holds My Head Together!
I gave away my Christmas sweater in a fit of summer tidiness. It took up too much room. The ration of aggravation to pleasure was not satisfactory. I don't miss having one, even when everyone else at work is arrayed in their finest Christmas-wear. My office, in this old building with hot and cold spots, always about 87 degrees. My baptism in the Jordan 'church fan' is on my desk year round. (But I am NOT - repeat NOT - complaining. For two good reasons. 1) I don't want to be a complainer. 2) I could be easily moved to a basement office - where it's always freezing - which would deprive me of my view, both inward and outward.)

Fran has expanded her sewing empire into cloth headbands. So I requested a "holiday" headband suitable for work. Now I can let my hair down, so to speak, and be in the holly-jolly spirit, too.

And it holds my head together for those moments when it feels like it is about to go into orbit.
E.g.: An altar server request for a certain Mass in the church, December 24, 2009!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter