Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ooops. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.
I played around with that new iGoogle art thing on my work computer this morning. I wanted to try the Coldplay homage to Delacroix or whatever. But I got something else instead. More than two minutes of noodling around cut into my productivity.

Then I remembered one could get a free Coldplay download. I tried that during my next non-productive break. It worked. (If I were twelve years old, this might not be surprising. But I'm not.) Then I lost a little more time reminiscing about those paper "records" that were sometimes inserted into magazines. Those, in their time, were cutting edge. Though, I think, they could also destroy your record player.

The best part of my day was making place cards for a special dinner with a very special guest. (Remember, this was at work. If this special guest had been at my house I definitely would have nixed the wiener casserole.) This request came very close to my quitting time so I was spared endless deliberation over font, cardstock etc. If I had been given a week I could have really worried it to death.

Now that I am back home on my lap-top, I've given the art thing another try. Success...of a sort. Except that I've changed Rick's iGoogle to Coldplay and now it won't let me sign out. Have no fear, dear, the emo art will be gone ASAP and you can make your own choice. Robert Mankoff, perhaps?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter