Sunday, April 13, 2008

No. Helll No.
Like a guy who compulsively stalks his ex-, former priest and professional dissenter Robert McClory just can't leave the Catholic Church alone. I'm not saying he should leave the Church. That's not my call. I'm saying he should leave the Church alone.

Ghostwriting for the Pope, an ego-centric creative exercise in today's Chicago Tribune is a love letter from McClory to the aged and moss-covered Church of What's Happening Now. It's appalling that this type of worn, aren't-we-'hip' theology is hauled out at the time of the Holy Father's visit. Better that the paper should give a platform to those who are honest in their lack of regard for the Catholic Church or ignore the Church altogether.

Why does he get to indulge his fantasy. How about I write a story in which the Pope comes to Chicago, takes us all to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream, gives me a small artifact from the Vatican Museum and calls my pastor to tell him that I deserve a raise?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter