Thursday, April 24, 2008

I predict...
very little. My prognostications are often well informed but still off the mark.
But I am confident in my prediction that this will be a good year for frogs. It is only April and I am sitting in my silent room next to the open window. It would be fairly silent if it weren't for the sound of the frogs from the 'swamp' (of sorts) north of the apartment complex next door. Those are a lotta loud frogs.

And the boggy area around a major intersection east of here, where frog songs abound on hot summer nights is already raucous on mild April mornings. If I were six years old and afraid of frogs, I would be very afraid. Sealing up the doors and windows afraid.

But frogs comin' to get me is not what I would consider to be a credible threat. (Though frog travels won't be constrained by rising gas prices...) And after a winter that seemed to never end, it absolute music to my ears!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter