Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscar Party!
One of the two nights a year that I find sleep absolutely irresistible. This year I'll try staying full dressed, discalced with chilly toes and sitting in an uncomfortable chair.

I rallied during my sick day on Thursday and finally joined Netflix. I never get around to going to the video store - when the family named isn't in disgrace - and the library doesn't quite meet my needs. (Total digression - dear 'bot, Is the Westchester Public Library missing a copy of Back to Black and some assorted Christmas albums? Hmmm.) So by yesterday afternoon I was in business...watching La Vie en Rose. So I now I totally think Marion Cotillard should be Best Actress. Totally. (I'm sure the movie will win for Best Make-Up, considering the competition is (gag) Norbitt and Pirates of the Caribbean. Not that Davy Jones wasn't a masterpiece of some sort of creepiness. But Edith Piaf aging none too well and exquisitely believably is a triumph beyond tentacle and barnicle faces.

So, let's make dinner. Put the quiche in the oven. Get suitably uncomfortable and see what else I've missed at ShowPlace 8 over the past year.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter