Thursday, February 21, 2008

...and dance by the light of the moon.
In an unprecedented move, I've called in sick for the second time in a week and a half. (If I were eligible for paid sick leave, I would say my employer owes me big time...but since I'm not, well, whatever. It's a little embarrassing, though, since a new secretary joined us last week and I'm thinking that she'll think I'm a professional malingerer who takes off one day out of every 5. Time will tell...things being what they are, I may not take a day off for another year.)

I know cold air can't make you sick. But I don't want to tell anyone that I've been shivering since standing in the driveway last night to watch the lunar eclipse. I certainly don't want to confess that I was so caught up in the moment that I had wandered out in flip-flops and no coat. 2010 is the next full eclipse...so I should have acquired the maturity to bundle up by that time.

Martha may not be in a rush to return home from work since I told her we would be recreating the eclipse when I'm feeling better. I meant with our solar system model, not by dancing around the living room. Though that could be fun!

No one remembers the time we went to the beach to watch a lunar eclipse. I don't remember the year, but someone was a baby because we had that lovely trek across the sand with a stroller. I thought it was quite a night...the whole neighborhood was there. If I had known that the girls wouldn't remember, would I have done it? I guess. I have my memories. And the Fisher-Price telescope clogged with sand.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter