Monday, February 18, 2008

For nearly 40 years, Ted Neeley has been Jesus.*
I thought it would be difficult for anyone to admit having owned "Jesus Christ, Superstar," let alone embrace a lifetime career in its production. Although I would think that certain roles leave a mark on a career despite an actor's efforts to the contrary. I mean, whenever I see Victor Garber
in a villainous role, I still think, "Hey, you're Jesus. The nice, mime Jesus. What happened to you?" (Funny, I'm still in sort of a President's Day Lincolnesque vein here…having seen Godspell on stage at Ford's Theatre back in 1973.)

* - A news commentator pointed out that he has been playing Jesus longer than the real Jesus lived. Hadn't thought of it that way...kinda makes it more pathetic.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter