Sunday, January 06, 2008

Do you try to suppress those sarcastic remarks that leap into your mind?
If only my parents would have confiscated that bio of Dorothy Parker that I was toting around back in eighth grade. But, maybe, only a genetically predisposed sarcastic child would have enjoyed that book...so it was probably too late. Now it’s way too late. But I’m working on broadening the gap between the thought and the tongue. Baby steps.

According to the test I’m pretty nice. But I could be more kind. I’ll try. Just don’t make me give up my sarcasm. It’s a gift. Of sorts. But like kung fu, marksmanship and possession of a seven-octave vocal range, it is a gift that needs to be disciplined and respected for its destructive potential.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter