Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cry Fowl!!!
No Peafowl for me. You have to buy them 8 at a time. To the tune $235. Which would be less than subtle where the neighbors are concerned.

Gorgeous Black Giant chickens are only about $2 a piece (shipped live!). Even though there appear to be no restrictions on poultry in our unincorporated slice of paradise, Rick is sure the homeowners association has some kind of rule. (That’s why I wanted the peacock - I thought the neighbors would appreciate a thing of such beauty. We already are a noisy bunch, so how much worse would a squawking peacock be, really?) Oh, and Rick says he doesn’t like chickens. And where would I put them in the winter. (Corner of his garage office?) So I sent for the catalog anyway. The pictures will probably make a nice collage. And maybe I’ll get a gift certificate for my sister, who planted the whole idea in my head. (She’s moving to a place where chickens are welcome. Rick suggested she keep “my” chicken and I could go visit it. Swell.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter