Friday, July 14, 2006

April Come She Will
or
Shakespeare Month was three months ago!

The hope of receiving the Shakespeare Pop-Up Globe Theatre book has been crushed again. Back-order, re-order, back-order, resubmit… I noticed a charge to The Metropolitan Museum of Art pending on my debit card and became giddy with anticipation. Today I notice the charge has been removed, so I am anticipating another back-order e-mail etc. At this point we are in it for the long haul and I will consider it as material for next year’s Shakespeare month. I know I could get it elsewhere, but The Met offered it to me at half-price and I ordered that inflatable mummy to justify the shipping charges. I want my half-price Shakespeare Pop-Up book!

Here is an example of why, in a discussion of which fictional character do I most identify with, I said Ragtime’s Coalhouse Walker Jr. (Not that I’m planning on blowing up a library or anything.) But, I WANT MY HALF-PRICE BOOK. I could have had it for 3 dollars more than the Met’s half-price, with free shipping, if I had just added it to an Amazon order the other day. But the point is, The Met offered me a half-price book…
And they will get it to me by April. If not ’06, then ’07 or ’08. Whatever.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter