Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You dont want to die
But the living gets you down
We want you to act like nothings wrong
Even though you heard a sound
And then youre ripped right out of the ground...


I am so unbelievably tired. Plunked down to watch JEOPARDY at 3:30 and woke up at 6:00. I guess we’ll call this a “teacher institute day.” There is so much I need to do and I barely found the strength to do a load of laundry, watch “House” and update the iPod. (Rick has been letting me use his iPod lately. Today he owes me, since my computer has again been de-authorized from the iTunes account. I’m the mother, for crying out loud, why can’t I be the fifth computer? (Throw me a frickin’ bone here. I’m the boss. Need the info! Yes - I need access to those whimsical little movie snippets and theme songs. I have needs, too, you guys. )So I practiced loading up the pod with more earworms - I wouldn’t want to share my whole playlist...it has too much resemblance to the choices of a seventh grade girl having a very hormonal day. Maybe that’s what I’ve reverted to.

The good news? Well, I’m too tired to do too much serious writing tonight. But I realized Clyde ate a huge chunk out of the rocker I was thinking of refinishing this summer. I had great plans for a unique one-of-a-kind funky paint job. That would be a great hedge against serious time at the keyboard, wouldn’t it? When I want to write something I find a craft project instead. We could stand to loose one more piece of sub-standard furniture anyway. I let Fran in on my plan....we’ll drag it to the curb Thursday night. Do I put out and hope that it finds a good home (like the way we found it?) or do we deal it a coup de grace to assure that it will not find its way back in? Oh, the dilemmas.

Time for bed. I feel like I could sleep for a week. I think I’m finally getting quality sleep after months of crap. And maybe I don’t rebound from major physical events like I did when I was fifteen. Or even 35.

You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
You've seen what you like
And how does it feel for one more time
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter