Monday, May 15, 2006

Something new.... for me.
Back in my high school days, I had a subscription to the late Punch., I would look at their cartoon caption contests and draw a complete blank. Perhaps because I was lacking the requisite British sense of humour.

I now look at The New Yorker’s weekly cartoon caption contest with the same results. But, last Friday, filled with adrenaline, moxie and a renewed sense of ‘purpose,’ I looked at the latest cartoon and came up with what I thought was a killer line. Refined it. Sent it off. Then bounced it off the family.

Well, you know what they say about a joke you have to explain. Big Ed was gracious enough to give it chuckle. Chuck said, yeah, he ‘got’ it, but basically I had succeeded in creating one of those New Yorker cartoons that nobody understands. Better luck this week.*

*There was a finalist from Lake Bluff several months ago, so that skews my chances right there. I know statistics. Sort of.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter