Wednesday, May 24, 2006

And she's off...
last day of high school. I don't feel especially sentimental. After all my previous posts about the copious weepies, I am not particularly moved to see Martha leave for her last day of public schooling. (Maybe it is because I didn't really want her at the public high school in the first place, then folded to her demands to "be a regular kid," then had to prod her along the way as she discovered just how cliquish, boring and 'morning oriented' high school can be. ) So we're done. Maybe I will sing "Imagine." Imagine no more high school, it's easy if you try....

And my big words of advice for next year? Afternoon classes. (The scholarship puts the idea of a 'gap' year on the back burner. But I want a 'gap' year. Where's my 'gap' year?)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter