Tuesday, May 30, 2006

An alphabet game!

The rules of this game: (Via Julie D, another Happy Catholic!)
1. Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter.
2. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why.
3. Pass out letters to those who want to play along.

I received R, which had me totally baffled for about two minutes. Then it all became sooo obvious:

Roman Catholic - Ne plus ultra! Need I say more?

rectory - If I must say more...can’t think of a better place to work. Sort of like “The Office,” for the eccentric, P.O.D. set. I get to work for God and his Church. More fun than being on a reality TV show.

read - To read is to live. To live is to read. OK, so I’m compulsive. I gotta read. One of my greatest regrets as a mother is that not all of my children are voracious readers. All adequate. Some fine. But not all book-crazed. Though I have produced one girl about to receive her MLS - so I guess it hasn’t all been in vain...

redundancy - With six + kids and attendant entourages, I really don’t remember what I said. Or to whom.

roses - Crazy about roses. Big splashy cabbage roses. As an artistic element. Sleep is better under a bower of Wallie roses. Adrift in a cloud of Tea Rose Perfume. So much pink, so little time. Writing this while Louis Armstrong is on the iPod singing "La Vie en Rose." Though not much luck in the horticulture department. Maybe next year.... or the next.

resource - My inadvertent vocation. Why use the dictionary, encyclopedia, the internet or the bazillion books at home when you can call Mom for the answer? I’ve fallen down somewhere as a teacher. My mother (a teacher) said the best thing a teacher can teach once you get past the ABC 123 basics, is “where to go to find information.” Calling Mom is not what she meant.

rest - I know I’ll feel better when I get some quality rest. (Perhaps I’ve just written my epitaph!)

rock ‘n roll - Papa Ratzi doesn’t approve. But he hasn’t spoken ex cathedra yet...

right - I often am. And that’s where I tend to get into trouble.

Richard - husband of almost 28 years.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter