Saturday, November 12, 2005

Break even...or die tryin'
At work for the sixth day in a row this week. Not that I'm complaining too much. With The Wedding, Christmas and little Ed's birthday in the near future I'm grateful for any remunerative opportunity that presents itself.

I had forgotten that Saturdays could get a little tedious. So I had a nice internal dialogue in which little Ellyn said, "I'm bored," and grown-up Ellyn said, "If you're that bored, go clean your room office." For the first time in about 18 months I had everything off my desk and ready for a good dusting. It just doesn't seem right to do it on a regular work day and maintenance of horizontal surfaces besides the floor is not in the cleaning woman's job description. There also is no block of time without interruption.

The trick here is to pace myself so I'm not all dusted out by the time I get home. I have Halloween decorations to pack away and a lot of remedial cleaning to perform before I can put out the decorative turkeys. And if I don't do that soon I should just leave them in the box and move straight to Christmas.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter