Monday, October 24, 2005

An Open Bee!
What a fabulous idea. ...launched to give people of all ages an opportunity to spell, noting that the 8th grade is the last chance most people have to participate in a spelling bee.

I think I shall look into this. I was third in our school bee in fifth grade. Sixth, I didn’t do quite as well. And then my school quit participating in the national Bee system. Oh, the missed opportunities. The shattered dreams. I knew I'd never make it to Wimbledon. But I thought I had a shot at the Bee.

You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a fair to middlin’ speller, which is what I am, let's face it.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter