Saturday, January 22, 2005

New Chain Game!
Ten nasty songs. Remove any you may not agree with and add your own in bold. And while we’re on the subject of music, you may also enjoy TSO’s post on Cardinal Ratzinger, Cyndi Lauper and the Virtue of Hope.
(Note to Embot: Don’t bother to call me with your complaints about my Clapton choice. I would enjoy dancing to “Cocaine” more than “Wonderful Tonight.” But it’s your wedding, kid.)
via Mixolydian Mode

“Young Girl,” Gary Puckett and the Union Gap

“Imagine,” John Lennon

Led Zeppelin - Just about anything by Led Zeppelin. Except “Boogie with Stu.”

”Wildfire” Michael Martin Murphey (‘Killing frosts’ don’t kill horses...oy)

“Lay Lady Lay,” Bob Dylan

“One Tin Soldier,” Coven

Honey Bobby Goldsboro (Treacle with a spoonful of saccharine )

“I Am, I Said,” Neil Diamond

”Wonderful Tonight” Eric Clapton (He is a brilliant musician. So how did he come up with this tripe? Unlike his hero, Robert Johnson, he obviously hasn’t sold his soul to get his talent. Or if he did, he should be asking for a partial refund.)

”I Will Always Love You”(Especially Whitney Houston’s version. This is torture in a commercial venue, like a grocery store. I just want to drop to the floor, curl in the fetal position with my fingers in my ears.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter