Friday, December 31, 2004

Talking to your kids...about the tsunami must be extra special hard for parents with little or no spiritual framework in which to set this. Maybe I am just being callous, but I am saving the bulk of my concern and prayer for the people directly affected by this catastrophe. My children are old enough to understand the fundamentals of weather, geology etc. and I hope that we have given them the spiritual basis to come to grips with disaster. It must be hard for parents who try to create a perfect world for their children, only to have them find out that this is often horrifyingly not possible. And then the parents must look to the news media for hints on how to talk to their children. Rather sad.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter